Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WINGED KING - Oscars 2011!



Winged King


The 2011 Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees!

Black Swan, Toy Story 3, The Kids Are All Right, The Fighter, 127 Hours, The King's Speech, The Social Network, Inception, Winter's Bone & True Grit all represented.

Last year I did a whole character for each movie seen here [link] but this year I got this image in my head and had to do it, a winged robot DiCaprio with boxer arms etc....

Who do you think should win? My vote goes to TRUE GRIT! (Just saw it Monday night so I guess it's fresh in my head) Jeff Bridges is the BEST. Actually no, Black Swan, or Inception... 127 Hrs. was really original, Danny Boyle is quite a director. Thought all the ones I saw were fantastic, didn't see The Fighter or The King's Speech, but heard they were great as well. And of course TS3 was glorious.

Whatever happens Sunday night at the Oscars, Hans Zimmer has to win for Best Score for INCEPTION. It's so beautiful and epic, listen to the live version on Youtube here.

Part One
[link]
Part Two
[link]






Here's a screenshot of all the files I used in creating this image. Sketches, references, in-progress, the works, it's all there!




No comments: