Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Joker and Harley Quinn get Hitched!



This is a much belated wedding gift to my friends Josh and Mara Bernstein. Josh and I go way back, I helped launched his killer cult magazine ROYAL FLUSH and were in the Lower East Side's infamous pyscho-rockabilly post punk - haha - band The Spicy Rizzaks together (sandwich here) back in the day. He's now killin' it as the creative director of Revolver Magazine. Well, my wife and I gave them a gift last year at the wedding but during the course of it I drunkenly promised Josh a portrait of them as the Joker and Harley Quinn, who also cutely sat atop their wedding cake. It took a while, started off as a portrait but kept evolving - but I finally came through. Shipped them off an 11x17" print. Finito! Congrats Josh and Mara!







Pulling back the curtain, here's a screenshot of all the files and imagery I used to make this. :)


No comments: